gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] using itunes xml file to populate gnump3d playlists

From: Jim Kubicek
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] using itunes xml file to populate gnump3d playlists
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:05:40 -0500

I actually starting re-writing the entire music server using ruby, but
it was more as an excuse to learn ruby than anything else.

After thinking about this issue for a bit (but not actually looking at
the gnump3d code) I think the best way to do this would be to pull all
the track data directly out of iTunes using applescript, which I've
started writing. Do you think this would be a good idea? The biggest
issue I can think of is that developing the list of tracks using
applescript is pretty slow.

Do you know how gnump3d stores the track data? Would it be possible to
populate this data using applescript instead of the current "read file
info from the music folder" process?