gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] "Info" link

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] "Info" link
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:48:02 +0100

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:07:21AM -0400, Stan Mulder wrote:
> I get an error when I hit the "Info" link. The problem seems to be a
> double slash in the URL like this:
>
> http://192.168.0.1:8888/info//Music...
>
> Remove the extra slash and it works fine.

  Verified as broken.   This is my fault, and it will be fixed when
 I'm back in front of a decent connection.  I've received a few personal
 mails about this, which I've not managed to reply to individually yet.

  (Right now I'm on Holiday until the 17th, in America and hanging
 off a 14kbps dialup link - so I'm mostly ignoring email and development
 work).

  Expect a bugfix release after I'm back in Sunny Scotland (ha!).

  Apart from that I'm hoping to look at the new template cleanup and
 possibly removing some of the configuration options to simplify
 basic setup.  Then I guess we're done.

  I'm increasingly reluctent to add much more code to the project,
 it works.  It works well.  Possibly more tag handling will be added
 for new media types, and the translations should be used more, but
 otherwise I guess we're reaching end-game.

  I can't really justify bumping up the release number to 3.0 without
 major changes so I'm expecting that we'll stay in the region of
 2.9.x.

  If anybody has comments they'd be welcome, but I'm thinking we're
 in a maintainence only phase now - or very very soon.  There's little
 more to add, and little enough to remove.

Steve