[Gnumed-devel] auto-hints was Re: GKV-Checkup �berf�llig

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] auto-hints was Re: GKV-Checkup �berf�llig
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 00:46:44 +0000

On 2013-11-29, at 4:00 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 07:03:07PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Over on gnumed-bugs, I reported receiving the attached warning dialog about
>> 2 years having elapsed since the patient had had a checkup.
>>
>> Separately from resolving the language mismatch and also a bug which threw
>> an unhandled exception, it raises 2 additional questions:
>>
>> 1. can the praxis set an interval different than 2 years and
>>
>> 2. what is GNUmed's basis to decide whether the patient has had a checkup …
>> does it discriminate based on the type of encounter, or is it satisfied with
>> *any* encounter having been attached inside the interval and it it based on
>> date_created or modified_when or clin_when?
>
> This is 100 % programmable by SQL fluent users.

Ah, I had not caught up to

        select * from ref.auto_hint

which is where what you describe above can be achieved.

I only could not see from

http://publicdb.gnumed.de/~ncq/gnumed/schema/gnumed_v19/gnumed-schema.html#ref.table.auto-hint

any controls (other than active / inactive) for when these hints are "run". My
questions:

1. Are all active hints run with each activation of a patient? Are they they
run during the addition or editing of data on an active patient or only when
the edited patient's record is next visited?

2. Do values within the language column 'lang'  (here 'de') interact in any way
with my database setting en_CA?

3. Is it neither manageable nor desirable for the strings located in

        title
        hint

to appear in

        GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists > String translations in the
database

4. Is it strongly wanted to keep the name

        Clinical hints

in the GUI of the client

        GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists > Clinical hints

or can it be made

        Auto hints

because

- "Auto" reinforces that these are automatic as opposed to Knowledge hints
(from the Knowledge menu)
- "Auto" (instead of Clinical) opens up usage in case a praxis should desire to
enable a hint that it non-clinical
- provided that a given term term (here Auto hint) would not confuse the
praxis, there are some advantages when clinicians and IT speak the same language

-- Jim