[Gnumed-devel] Overview plugin report of Activity - "first" activity per

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Overview plugin report of Activity - "first" activity per patient
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:58:50 +0000

Hi,

Currently, I do not have a test db running.

Do we know if GNUmed accepts to add encounters with a date earlier than the
most recent (current) encounter for the active patient?

I am wondering because upon patient creation in GNUmed (despite that a praxis
could have been providing care prior to adopting GNUmed) the Overview plugin
will report, in the bottom left Activity area:

        first: current_date_time, default_encounter_type

where the user gets the impression that this

        "first"

might be the first historical activity with this patient when it is really just
the first (oldest-dated) value in GNUmed.

For any praxis that switched to GNUmed it will give a wrong impression. Is
there any attraction to word

        "first"

        "first in GNUmed"

or should we encourage a praxis who wishes to maintain an accurate patient
impression to routinely modify the default encounter

        Started current_date_time, default_encounter_type

        Originally_seen_date, desired_encounter_type

and can this be equally well achieved by modifying the auto-created encounter
or by adding an older encounter or will this confuse anything in GNUmed?

-- Jim