Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 18:22:57 +0000

On 2013-07-08, at 10:49 AM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

"urinary protein dip"

So I apparently succeeded to create, inside a patient measurement "Add" widget, a new test type.

(1) To more fully see what GNUmed has done with this, I go to

GNUmed menu > Master data > Test types

and see two columns with "Comment", one after LOINC, and one after Org, and which also appear (editable) in the individual test edit widget. Would it be better to disambiguate with

LOINC Comment
Org comment

and is the LOINC comment intended to help the users disambiguate concepts or contexts of which might be the proper LOINC as which to code a test?

(2) I can edit the test

urinary protein dip

and its values

Org = inhouse lab
Comment = auto-generated

and can assign a LOINC. If I type, into the LOINC,

prot

the result is 50 matches (of which 5 pertain to urine). If I add another fragment 'urin' thusly

prot urin

my matches drop to zero.

--> Is it manageable for the phrasewheel to be refined to as to filter those matches which contain both

fragment one and fragment two

??

(3) I can assign a different lab (in case it was not inhouse)

--> can this have phrasewheel support?

(4) "Meta type"

The tooltip says "Select the meta type as which to aggregate for display results with this test type."

Does this enable to create new, or only to select among existing?

--> Can it mean

"Select, or assign a new, meta type under which to aggregate this test type with its possible analogs."

and is it anticipated that one would aggregate only

glucose, plasma
glucose, whole blood

or would one also aggregate

glucose, plasma, random
glucose, whole blood, random
glucose, plasma, fasting
glucose, whole blood, fasting

or would one avoid to aggregate all six, and instead group them as a panel together with, say, Hemoglobin A1C?

-- Jim