Re: [Gnumed-devel] presenting GNUmed to newcomers

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] presenting GNUmed to newcomers
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 18:14:44 +0000

On 2012-05-02, at 10:27 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> I was asked to provide demonstrational material that
>
> a) does not require the interested person to install GNUmed
> b) does not require the interested person to install some viewer (e.g.
> VMplayer)
> c) runs without installation, preferably on Windows
> d) is not a video
> e) is not a e.g. Powerpoint presentation
> f) runs on a Mac and Windows
> g) can be run/demonstrated in non-internet settings

This isn;t clear enough. What is wanted...

(a) a fully-interactive GNUmed, or

(b) one or more examples of GNUmed running?

What next is meant by "no installation"? I suppose if we deliver to people a
Windows computer pre-loaded with GNUmed, then they could have a demonstration
without needing to install anything. The only other option here, short of a
live DVD, would be for the possibly-interested to be able to remotely access
and control (i.e. run a session on) such a pre-loaded computer.

There is a term for remotely-controllable computers, I believe it is "zombies".
It is possible to provide managed, remote logon to such computers, I only don't
know the acceptability of the performance or how we would want to go about
providing the computers and the access.

Otherwise, we are talking only examples of GNUmed running. if a "movie" is out,
then perhaps "mimi-movies".

-- Jim