[Gnumed-devel] gm-dbo password in Windows 7

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gm-dbo password in Windows 7
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:24:40 +0200

Hi all,

I have received a report that when using the GNUmed server package 15.9 on
Windows 7 the password for gm-dbo is not accepted when trying to create a new
user in GNUmed.

However when using the same installation package on Windows XP it supposedly
works flawlessly.

If you operate a Windows 7 based GNUmed installation please check if this
issue comes up for you as well.

Install GNUmed server from
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/v15/GNUmed-server.15.9-1fullfrozen.exe

(if you have not done it already)

Open GNUmed and log on as any-doc

Create a new person in GNUmed and then convert this person to a user.

It will ask you for a password for that new login and a password for gm-dbo

the password by default (at least in this package) is preset to gm-dbpass.

Please try if this works out or not.

Any hints on the differences on the installation on Windows XP and Windos 7
are appreciated.

I has been reported that PG itself runs ok and bootstrap works as well. This
is indicated that the default login 'any-doc' works ok.

If you may please run this command as well (on Windows 7)

psql -d gnumed_v15 -U gm-dbo

Thanks,
Sebastian