Re: [Gnumed-devel] Idea for on-the-fly latex template creation (was plac

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Idea for on-the-fly latex template creation (was placeholders)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 06:45:05 -0700

On 2011-08-17, at 4:12 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> It did not look like obvious technical problems existed with this
> possible approach except for the fact that it assumes/hard-codes that
> there will only ever be one praxis per database.

We should maybe create language to cover this situation.

We could consider one installation of GNUmed (one database) as being
coherently-managed by a single "praxis organization" (one administration) whose
patients can be seen at multiple points of care (branch locations of the one
praxis). In this case, the praxis organization might use an almost-same
letterhead which is altered to specify the location of care from which the
document is originating.

or

We could consider one installation of GNUmed (one database) as being shared by
a "community of praxi" which might have distinct ownership and administration
in spite of which it its multiple participating praxi are able to agree on all
of the things which can only be configured in a single way in the database. I
might find this a rather remarkable situation but it might mean that each
praxis may desire a very different letterhead.

The technical solutions include:

- storing / organizing multiple praxi (or multiple locations within a
distributed praxis) in the org structure because I am not sure if you want to
dimension the praxis-info-storage structure to hold multiple distinct praxi (or
maybe you do)

- storing multiple headers (one per praxis) and allowing each praxis in the
cluster (my term, not intend as postgres uses it) to set a default, or storing
a single header but running a stream editor (sed) script to alter the replaced
tex snippet

-- Jim