Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:55:43 -0700

> On 2011-08-10, at 5:18 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:47:15AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
> On 2011-06-24, at 2:12 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:08:08AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>>
>> Would a hot key be (in wxWidgets) a "direct accessor key"
>> and how would you prefer that any such thing be made
>> available?
>
> I used "hot key" because you did :-)
>
> As far as I am concerned it stands for: "Do something
> generically special in order to let GNUmed know: now I want
> to enter a measurement."
>
> To make that happen there's several possibilities with
> various levels of configurability.

Which is what I already offered (although maybe more options came to your mind).

So you are maybe teasing me <grin> , or pressed for time, or wanting to think
about it… likely a combination.

So I should maybe, in a week, raise a poke if nothing is earlier shared, in
terms of options?

From my view, such a thing would be a real, help, because a triple salute using
keys is extra work (not to mention I have not been able to get any active
letters to work in Mac X11 GNUmed) and adding a measurement (blood pressure,
weight, pulse) is such a very frequent action.

-- Jim