Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:14:45 +0200

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:24:47PM +0400, Евгений Кузнецов wrote:

> 2010/6/17 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>:
> > Would clinicians think it sufficient to relax this hard,
> > database-level constraint to one and the same day or remove
> > it alltogether ?
>
> At least one clinician (myself, that is) definitely would.
> Actually, from the clinical real-world POV the software may not allow
> to enter data that's impossible (although in my particular area,
> psychiatry, I can hardly think of a really impossible combination of
> data), but definitely should allow to enter data that corresponds to
> lack of knowledge/experience/sanity/clinical judgement etc. of the
> doctor. Accurate medical mistakes recording is even more important
> than that of correct practice.

That's why I like this list:  when you post a question you
typically get a quick, to-the-point response from a
community of domain experts going "What have you been
smoking lately ??"  :-)

I guess Evgeny is right.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346