Re: bug? Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Success again using MacPorts

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: bug? Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Success again using MacPorts
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:56:35 +0200

Am Mittwoch 16 Juni 2010, 00:10:42 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:13:21PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
> > however after installing and applying python-select (not
> > that it had anything to do with it) and trying again I got
> > Kirk's name to show and accepted to continue the recent
> > encounter but despite that Kirk's name refreshed the combo
> > box, the window title bar still said
> >
> >     GMd: no patient
>
> + spinning hourglass thingy means
>
> 1) It is doing something and doesn't return, perhaps
>    waiting for something which doesn't happen ?
>
> 2) Signals don't get delivered for some reason.
>
> Smells awfully like thread problems to me.
>
> > and the plug-in tabs to the right of "inbox" all seemed unresponsive.
>
> Because no patient had yet become known to be active by
> means of a signal.

That is what I thought as well but Jim said he managed to see the name in the
search box which never happened on Tiger but instead it would lock up earlier.

@Jim. To rule out a database connection problem (unlikely) you could bootstrap
a local database.

If that does not work as well I we can try to find where is hangs. For that to
work we will have to place import pdb at the to of the file that is causing
this and place pdb.set_trace()

near but before the offending line.

Sebastian