Re: [Gnumed-devel] Success again using MacPorts

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Success again using MacPorts
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:01:27 -0700

>> do you think the link
>> above and the python_select below would achieve the same thing: ?
>>      sudo port install python_select
>>      sudo python_select python26
>
> I believe it does. I used the two lines above as they were designed for that
> exact scenario and it lets you switch back any time

After I applied python-select, the command

        which python

produced

        /opt/local/bin/python

which is a symlink to

        /opt/local/bin/python2.6

which is a symlink to

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6

which offers a bit more flexibility maybe than a direct

        sudo ln -s
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6