Re: [Gnumed-devel] Plug-in management in 0.4.6

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Plug-in management in 0.4.6
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:30:19 -0700

While I don't quite understand the difference referred to by Rogerio about Windows vs Button themes, I am running Gnome and went to its System > Preferences > Appearance menu which opens "Appearance Preferences" with tabs labeled "Themes", "Background", "Fonts" and "Interface".

Under the primary tab "Themes" can be found the four listed by Rogerio and I can confirm they all cause disappearance of the notelet tab borders *and* the tab headings, whereas these others all preserve them:
Clearlooks
Crux
Glider
Glossy
Gorilla
Industrial
Mist
Sphere Crystal

I had been sticking with Clearlooks which colorizes blue the top ~ three pixels of the tab to create a blue bar above the notelet title, whereas Sphere Crystal colorizes the entirety of the tab "top" and Glossy applies graded coloration at the top, and fading downward.

PS on my MacBook with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 on which I am running Debian in VMware Fusion, despite that the Debian "Screen resolution" is also set to 1280x 800, I had to alter the "Fonts" "Details" resolution to 110 pixels per inch.