[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:54:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Well, how, then, does a syntax highlighter detect the file
type if I remove the magic ?

  <Meta-X>sh-mode

;-)
Actually I have no real idea.  Is this an important feature.

Can they then still be sourced properly ?

Definitely.  You can source any file with shell syntax.

Backing up data *and* database is redundant. The default
should be database.

OK, I 'll change this.

What is the purpose of the test for script existance ?

To avoid error messages from cron.  That's a feature I have
seen in any cron script I inspected on my Debian machines
as example.  I'm not sure whether this is ironed in the policy.
The rationale on a Debian system is definitely that a package
can be removed while leaving the configuration on the computer
(the cron script is in /etc and so it is configuration) to
make sure you can restore your previous state easily.  If
you remove the package cron would issue error messages all the
time if you forget to make sure the programs you are calling
are really existant.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--