Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:07:59 +0100

> > This would happen automatically if the menu wrapper calls:
> >
> > sudo -u root /usr/bin/gm-bootstrap_server
>
> s?usr/bin?usr/sbin?
>
> Executables who should ber un by root should go to /usr/sbin.
Well, yeah, if that's the policy, fine.

>> (or /usr/bin/bootstrap_server could be a wrapper doing this
>> around /var/lib/gnumed-server/v9/bootstrap/bootstrap-gnumed_server.sh)
>
> Yes.
OK, good, I will add a script to the upstream source. You'll have to adjust the
paths
in it, though. How about "/usr/sbin/gm-bootstrap_server"  ? That script would
then
run /wherever/installed/bootstrap/bootstrap-latest.sh appropriately.

Karsten
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a