Re: [Gnumed-devel] talkback client

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] talkback client
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:10:01 +0100

> > uhm, like, you need to have standard email running somewhere
> > on your system, no different from any other MUA then
> That was exactly my question. What is meant by standard e-mail ?
> I don't have sendmail or fetchmail configured. I use kmail and I think it
> takes care of what it takes to send mail because I have to specify an smtp
> server inside kmail.
Ah, so then you don't have standard e-mail set up on *your*
system. Standard e-mail in a UNIX environment means there's a
demon listening on port smtp (25, I think) that knows how to
deal with e-mail.

> So if I only have kmail set up does the talkback client
> know how to send an e-mail ?
No. But you can do the same procedure with the talkback. Tell
it where the smtp server is. I don't know off the top of my
head how much of that we support GUI-wise, though.

> It does not know about my mail account at my
> provider , does it ?
It does not.

> Does it have to know ?
It may and in your setup it does.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346