Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation binaries

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation binaries
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:37:55 +0100 (MET)

> >I don't know of any non commercial packages that supports what BitRock
> >supports but maybe you do.
> >
> >http://www.bitrock.com/products_installbuilder_screenshots.html
>
> Their 'Open Source" page has nothing on it.

You are right. There is a section calles Acknlowledgements which mentions
some projects they use. Well I said they are non-free.

Supposedly they supply developers of OpenSource projects with free Licenses.

That is not GPL but that is how they do it.

There are more companies who do it like that.
Nomachine (NX binaries)- well the offer source at least
VMWARE - for OS emulation
Win4lin - free for Linux user groups.

It is up to us to like it or not. We can say. Yeah we benefit from it. Or we
are going to say . Hell no we will come up with something ourselves.

I hate to admit it but for Gnumed 0.1 I would like to make a good
impression. BitRock would really help. If someone on this list tells me.
"This sucks. I will build you a much fancier one with free software" By all
means do it.

I have not seen such an offer yet, unfortunately.

Sebastian

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
*

SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms