Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui - not just a pretty face
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:34:40 +1100

Richard Terry wrote:

Syan,

Not quite sure what you mean by the 'grid method' organisation. Do you mean the multiple data entry lines? This is no different to what you do on paper, and in fact simplifies the whole concept of program design and data entry because everything can be done in the same way. Most of the sections need only brief notes anyway.

I'm sure that doctors all over the world do exactly the same thing, write line after line after line.

spending more than 20 seconds on a progress notes - of course - thats where the SOAP style editor comes into play. You can write as many lines as you want in each of the SOAP or whatever lines. My only quibble about the current design is it does in fact need more space than Carlos is allocating.

Seems like you may not have absorbed the philosophy behind the editing areas, so if you are interested, read again at www.gnumed.net/rterry/Index.htm.

Better still, install wxPtyon2.5 and ask me for the last gui-demo (which BTW I've currently stopped working on as there seems little chance of it being implemented, and I can't see the point of spending time on something that is not appreciated).

Regards

Richard

actually, I did try to get RichardSpace configuration to work last night,
and got the demographics, and am now try to work out
what obsolete dependencies the gmGP has , so I can see it
again. Noticed the new icon based left sided spacious tab looks good.

BTW i had to directly update the cfg_string row which had value
status_quo to  terry or somesuch. Is there another way of setting
which gui gets loaded?