Re: [Gnumed-devel] XPCOM and XUL [was: how to configure gnumed to use no

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] XPCOM and XUL [was: how to configure gnumed to use not just "localhost"]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:18:59 -0500

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 08:10:49PM +1100, Thilo Schuler wrote:

> Ian Haywood wrote:
> start... I know that the business objects are more important for my task
> but I would like to understand the DB at least in principle. What are
> good white-paper like docs on both the DB schema and the business
> objects calls?
Don't ;-)
The whole point of the python business layer is so people in your
position don't have to understand the schema, and can use a simpler
interface, plus sharing effort (if you start using the database
yourself, you will end up repeating a lot of our work, it was
frustrating enough to watch Syan tan do it, I don't want to see the same
functionality implemented a *3rd* time)

Ian