Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:20:57 +0100

> Perhaps granted permissions ,sequences and users aren't  being dropped ,
> because they are in
> global scope, instead of within gnumed schema scope
Permissions and sequences *are* in gnumed database scope.
Users are not scoped to the database yet as I have so far
shied away from using that feature.

Existing permissions don't influence bootstrapping (except if
the bootstrap user doesn't have appropriate ones).

Existing users are left untouched and bootstrapping continues.

Yes, sequences *can* be a problem, if a database was simply
cleaned of tables manually.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346