Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: billing by GnuMed / TORCH / OSCAR

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: billing by GnuMed / TORCH / OSCAR
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:43:54 +0200

> Would the GnuMed paradigm that would have us employ an "accounting
> related GnuMed service"  (www.gnumed.net/whitepapers/) greatly
> complicate an SQL-Ledger approach to "make the software peak to each
> other in the background", or is our having a "service" model a
> non-issue as far as posing any special challenges?
non-issue, it would seem to me

> Also, unless OSCAR and TORCH were also to adopt a services model, am I
> naive to think there is merit in the projects collaborating on a
> billing implementation (at least the freeB portion during the time that
> OSCAR remains MySQL based), or is does there remain value in my
> pursuing us having the same data structures and information flow?
that'll be pursuing something in vain, I think it more likely
to be of success to adopt whatever FreeB/SQL Ledger *offer*
and perhaps tacitly suggest something here and there

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346