Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:03:53 +0100

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:41 am, richard terry wrote:
> I also think that the one spot where a popup modal window is really useful
> is for a multiple patient select - ie where you have 20 smiths, the result
> comes up in a modal window which the user can then click on the one he
> wants, and it drops you into the clinical summary page.

Already implemented - have a look at my appointments module. You enter into
any "cell" any number of letters optionally separated by a space and on
"Return" it will pop up a window listing all patients with matching surnames
(no space nbetween letters) or matchin firstnames + surnames (space between
letters in search cell). Cursor keys + enter (or double click) sleect, dialog
vanishes. Dialog offers also a "new" button. Works well, and popup is
non-obtrusive (pops up at the location of the cell, focus placed where
expected, no need to take hands off keyboard, non-modal (dialog can be safely
ignored)

Have a look, it's in gnumed/drafts/gmQuickSelectionDlg.py
Runs standalone, needs no backend connection to try out
Check function ChoosePatient() in gnumed/drafts/gmScheduleGrid.py for how to
integrate it with backend queries etc.

Horst