Re: [Gnumed-devel] More on icons on menus

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] More on icons on menus
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:09:19 +0200

> This is probably directed at Karsten:
It nearly hit me :-)

> I note from a message I posted to the wxPython list, that one can put icons
> on
> menu's - great, except check out the code:
>
>  item = wxMenuItem(menu, tPopupID1,"One")
>  item.SetBitmap(images.getSmilesBitmap())
>  menu.AppendItem(item)

> ie one is back to having an image file and hence and  we are back to images
> in
> files which then also do the:
Not that I would think:

replace
 item.SetBitmap(images.getSmilesBitmap())
with
 item.SetBitmap(gmPlugin.wxBasePlugin.GetMenuIcon())

This works nearly exactly the same as GetIcon() namely that it
calls it's (or rather it's child's overriding)
GetMenuIconData() which provides raw icon (XPM) data according
to some configuration and hands it over to the caller converted
by cPickle, zlib and wxBitmapFromXPMData()...

> I think it is important from the gui point of view we be able to put icons
> onto the menu's as a visual cue for some menu items.
Just put sample icon data plus where you want it to appear
into any of the files in CVS, tell me about it and I will
implement it.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346