AW: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Normcurves ... still alive

From: christof
Subject: AW: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Normcurves ... still alive
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:22:27 +0200

Hi Richard,

richard terry <address@hidden> wrote
> Are you preparing the data so that it will exist in a
> database table which we
> can then load to produce say centrile charts like the
> have in the surgery e.g
> ages 0-2, 2-18 male/female etc?

I think the database stuff should be encapsulated
in some kind of "norm" module. There are various
ways to specify norms and many of the details can be hidden to a generic
graph-drawing routine. (For example, valueOfSds
which would be used to draw some centiles, can be used
regardless of wether the underlying norm is for normal
distributet (like height) or skew normal distributed (like
BMI) values.

            Christof