Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxGlade

From: David Guest
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxGlade
Date: 04 Aug 2002 16:11:09 +1000

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 08:49, richard terry wrote:
> Had a quick play with this  a few moments ago after downloading. Certainly a
> huge leap in gui implementation for wxPython.
I speak from a wealth of ignorance but it seems like a cross between
glade and wxDesigner. It is certainly worth the download.

> Very bug laden and dies even with accidently hitting a letter key in some of
> the input boxes, However....
Yes. I got this in the notebook tab layout widget on entering a new tab
name, as per the tutorial. I am running python 2.2 wxPython 2.3.2 which
may not be quite up to scratch. (Alberto seems to suggest 2.3.2.1 as a
minimum.)

> I'd encourage all you would be developers to download it and start playing
> with it. You now have no excuse not to at least generate the gui framework of
> a python project and hence visually contribute your ideas to gnumed.
>
> The python code it generates is clear as well.
>
> I'll spend a couple of hours on it over the weekend and post a short tutorial
> pointing out the do's and don'ts to let you navigate it without it
> continually falling over (e.g I found even resizing the frame it generated on
> occasions (random) made it die!

I think this should be added to the gnumed resources page
(http://www.gnumed.org/resources.html). Tony?

--
David Guest
GPG key ID BE79B742 @ pgp.mit.edu