gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] About the last commit

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] About the last commit
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 05:01:54 +0200

Hi Bruno,

I've finished func_import till the lines where we calculate command-line invocation printed in a comment in generated gnulib-cache.m4. I need to warn you that I had to make a copy of lib/, build-aux/ and m4/ directories from the old gnulib-tool to test what I've done, so the size of commit may shock you. As for me, this commit even freezes my Firefox for a while when it is loading, so be care.

It seems that there is one bug in old gnulib-tool. To see it you may just type `bash ../gnulib/gnulib-tool.sh --dry-run --import string` inside the directory of the m4 package. Do you see the same thing that I see? Output is here:

Create directory ./lib
Create directory ./build-aux/snippet
Create directory ./lib

It seems that it tries to create ./lib twice, IDK why. New gnulib-tool doesn't has such bug, however.
There is a small difference between old gnulib-tool and a new one. As you see old gnulib-tool prefers to output directories like './lib', './build-aux/snippet', etc., while a new one outputs directories like 'lib', 'build-aux/snippet', etc. Is there any reason to add dot in the beginning just to have exactly the same output? I don't see any reason, because it is absolutely the same, but if you want, I'll add it. However, the output is already different due to bug with './lib' (see above).

P.S. Tomorrow I'll write a bit about my future plans.