gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] GNU GPLv3+ long license string

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] GNU GPLv3+ long license string
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:55:45 +0400

I know you can think that question is a little stupid, but however: by typing `gnulib-tool --version` or calling method license() from GNULibInfo class we can get such a string (content of the string you can see between square brackets):

[License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>]

Can I replace it to almost the same but with newline (and may be two spaces)?

[License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later

I completely dislike such a long strings, while on some systems it is recommended to use strings not more than 80 symbols length. The line in my code with indents takes 95 symbols with spaces.

[    result = 'License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>\n']

And this is really ugly when one string is too long if compare to others (type `gnulib-tool --version` to understand what I mean). The question is really stupid, but it touches default behaviour of the program, so I have to ask. May be there is GNU standart how to stdout GNU GPLv3+ license.