gnuherds-app-dev

"Specific API" vs "Generic 'P2P' API"

From: Davi Leal
Subject: "Specific API" vs "Generic 'P2P' API"
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:56:48 +0200

Dave Crossland wrote:
> http://www.haikuware.com/bounties/ is an example of another bounties
> site - perhaps when GNU Herds supports the features they have now, we
> could approach them to use GH, or for them to deploy the GH app on
> their server? :-)

If haikuware.com refuses to use GH and instead prefer to deploy its own GH,
then it would be better design a "Generic API" than a specific one for
Savannah.  So they could optionally _connect_ their system to the one at
gnuherds.org.

But again, we have to finish the first phase before begin the second one, and
finish the second one before begin the third, ...

My current task:

  1. I will develop the [phase 1; "without bank support"]

  2. I will ask for feedback, improvement, etc. for the phase 1.

  3. Later I will send a reply to the OpenID discussion.
     I have to follow developing, not talking.