gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Proposal: switching from HTML 4.0 to XHTML 1.0 Transitional

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: Proposal: switching from HTML 4.0 to XHTML 1.0 Transitional
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:51:58 +0100

On 2/21/07, David Paleino <address@hidden> wrote:
since I've read the last thread about POST and GET, suddenly an idea
came to improve our webapp.
Why not switching the _whole_ webapp from HTML4.0 Transitional (as
declared in the doctype) to XHTML 1.0 Transitional?
As read into w3schools.com, XHTML has some requirements:

* XHTML elements must be properly nested
* XHTML elements must always be closed
* XHTML elements must be in lowercase
* XHTML documents must have one root element

I think that this way the documents are _necessarily_
standard-compliant, as an improper nesting / a missing closing tag / ...
would raise an error (I think).

It's not that difficult, I can start working on it as soon as you agree.

Bravo! Since you're willing to start this, I'd recommend that you go straight for the newest W3C recommendation - XHTML 1.1. I've been using it for years, and it's actually quite simple.

--
Victor Engmark
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditar - What is said in Latin, sounds profound