gnuherds-app-dev

Re: [GNU Herds]: French translator -- Fixing data base mistake

From: Duarte \"HappyGuy\" Loreto
Subject: Re: [GNU Herds]: French translator -- Fixing data base mistake
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:05:01 +0000

Hello, Davi and all

On the Bhutani/Dzongkha issue... (cuting out parts of previous message)

On 2/16/07, Davi Leal < address@hidden> wrote:
Camille Huot wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> I did a lookup for Bhutan, and it seems Bhutan people are speaking
> Dzongkha. Bhutan is the country, Dzongkha is the language (in English
> and in French).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhutan

I have checked it additionally with:
  http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=dzo

So, it seems the GNU Herds data base is mistaken:
  INSERT INTO LL_Languages VALUES ( 'dz', 'Bhutani' );

The data base should say:
  INSERT INTO LL_Languages VALUES ( 'dz', 'Dzongkha' );

(...)
and I will fix the mistake at the GNU Herds data base, and I will realize the
appropriate modifications at the Portuguese and Italian translation, setting
that entry as fuzzy.

I have made some checks on this and the Portuguese official "translation" for Dzongkha is just Dzongkha too ( http://www.secomunidades.pt/consviagem/cvb18.html). Non-officially (by tourism/travel agencies), the language is sometimes refered as "ButanĂªs".

So, if you could please set the Portuguese po file with "Dzongkha" as official translation (like you'll be doing for other files), I would much appreciate it.

Wishing all a nice weekend, with my best regards

Duarte Loreto
--
http://perolasdagestao.blog.pt