Re: [gnugo-devel] what method is used in AI for playing go

From: Shreya Inamdar
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] what method is used in AI for playing go
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:13:37 +0530

GNUGo has Monte Carlo method already implemented (Along with being an expert system).If you want to base your work on GNUGo, the to do list is a great place to start with.

If you are planning to do AI around go, I suggest you get a very raw implementation of GO bot. There's the wikibook on it.Then you can add your own modules.

Proving results is a bit tricky in GO implementation.True, there are servers for competing, but it takes a lot of time.So, first be clear on how the results will be shown.