Re: [gnugo-devel] breakin and readconnect fixes

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] breakin and readconnect fixes
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:26:52 +0200 (CEST)

> > [...]
> >
> > So instead of reverting your change, here is a patch with 3 fixes, two
> > of them resolving issues caused by your patch:
> >
> > 1. Ladder attack against "secondary target" in break-in reading only
> > makes sense in block_off reading (unrelated).
> >
> > 2. add_to_start_queue must be called with string origin.
> >
> > 3. Allow for strings to be partially in the break-in goal.
>
> Btw, were there any regression changes?

Yes, s.th. like 5 PASS and 1 FAIL. Below is the current CVS breakage,
of course some of it (2 PASSes?) is due to your owl patch. Breakage is
still not identical to reverting to "store every stone in the connection
queue", but I got tired at some point...

Arend

ld_owl:316      PASS 1 T16 [1 T16]
break_in:60     PASS 0 [0]
ego:10          PASS S18 [S18]
13x13:45        PASS B4 [B4]
trevord:710     FAIL N3 [M2|J4|L5]
owl1:326        PASS 3 S18 [3 S18]
nngs4:420       PASS G6 [G6]
gunnar:49       PASS A10 [A10]
Total nodes: 1510586741 2735009 11129247
Total time: 6825.72 (7002.16)
7 PASS
1 FAIL