Re: [gnugo-devel] Re:GNU Go 3.5.3

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re:GNU Go 3.5.3
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:21:46 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi, Dan! I am lost when I look on that site: how and what do I download to
> get the 3.5.3 version. There are so many items there, and nothing specifically
> says download 3.5.3. Help?

The link labeled "gnugo-3.5.3.tar.gz" is the source tarball for gnugo
3.5.3; you would have to compile that into a binary that you can run
yourself.

If you want to download a runnable program, I would recommend GNU Go 3.4;
You can find links at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html.  If
you're running windows, you want to follow one of the links labeled as a
windows binary site, under the "Windows" heading.  If you're running
linux, you should probably either get GNU Go from your distribution vendor
or compile it yourself, which isn't difficult.

Hope this helps

Evan Daniel