[gnugo-devel] GnuGo 3.2 port option

From: Sid Liu
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo 3.2 port option
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thank you for a great Go player. I am interested in
porting Gnugo.exe to embedded device such as WinCE. I
know that there is a Pocket PC version 2.6. But I
found that to be tightly integrated with a specifc
GnuGo version. I am thinking of interfacing GnuGo with
GTP. I would like to add an option "-port" so that
gnugo can listen directly on the port number. And
other program such as UI can connect directly to
gnugo.exe without another layer of translator. Mainly
because those devices have no std io. What is your
thought on this? Can it be integrated to the next
version of GnuGo?

Best Regards,

Sid Liu