Re: [gnugo-devel] inconsistnies in owl_attack and owl_does_attack

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] inconsistnies in owl_attack and owl_does_attack
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:16:35 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:40:47PM -0400, Evan Berggren Daniel wrote:
> would be to run owl_does_attack on all the top moves proposed [...]
> if, say, the third ranked move has an attack that isn't found, with a high
> enough value to be worthwhile, gnugo will find it and play that move
> instead of the previously ranked top move.

I am somewhat out of touch with GnuGo, but this sounds reasonable to me,
especially if it is made conditional on us having time to do this.

But it seems to address only half of the matter, namely the attack moves we
may not have found. What about the attacks we need to defend against? Aren't
they at least as important?

-H

--
Heikki Levanto  LSD - Levanto Software Development   <address@hidden>