[gnugo-devel] Go game

From: Roy H. Maffly
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Go game
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:56:35 -0700

I've downloaded gnugo-3.2 and Goban to my Mac G4 running OS X. I couldn't figure out the use of Applescript, but it didn't matter: I clicked on Goban and off I went. Fantastic! I have saved my game(s) in order to continue later: I get an icon with the name I have given, but when I try to resume play, Goban just starts me with an empty board - which I can play on, but it's a new game. I have opened the saved game from the Goban menu, I have placed the icon of the saved program on the Goban icon, and I have opened the saved game icon, but the result is the same - a new (empty)board, ready to start and which I can play just fine. Am I doing something wrong when I save a game and click on adjourn? Any suggestions? I really appreciate picking up GO again after many years. Thanks very much!

Roy H. Maffly