Re: [gnugo-devel] Edmondton

From: David Fotland
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Edmondton
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:15:10 -0700

I agree.  I expected Gnugo and Smart go to do much better.  Smart Go
played some particularly poor fighting moves.  But it's hard to tell from just
a few games how strong a program really is.  It may have just been bad luck.

David Fotland

At 12:35 PM 8/1/2002 +0200, you wrote:
Dan wrote:
> Unfortunately GNU Go only managed to do 3-4, losing to
> Many Faces, Go4++, Go Intellect and Katsunari. In my
> judgement GNU Go played very badly in the games against
> Go Intellect and Katsunari.

That's indeed a little disappointing. That Many Faces and Go4++ took
the first two places is no surprise but beforehand I would have
thought that Go Intellect, SmartGo, and GNU Go would have placed 3-5
in some order.

/Gunnar