Iterate over grid items on pre-foucsout event for the block.

From: Kishan Bhat
Subject: Iterate over grid items on pre-foucsout event for the block.
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:14:19 +0530

I thought I'd ask this question too... so changing the subject line here.

Referring with my example attached, I make a purchase order which has multiple sku items (2'nd tab) . Now the 3'rd tab would show the same PO but with only 1 modifiable column - "Invoice quantity". I'm wondering if on clicking
the "Generate Invoice" button at the bottom, I can iterate over the sku items whose "Invoice Quantity" are non zero - make a new invoice record with the date, sku, rate, quantity, value(rate*quantity*(1+taxrate/100)) and then reduce the "bal Inv quantity" from the po_invoice_item table with whatever quantity was invoiced just now.

Basically:
1. How can I create invoice item record from values in po item record.
2. Instead of a per field trigger based action, how can I do a button based trigger and loop over the items in the displayed gridline and programmatically create new invoice item record one-by-one.

Do I make sense - guess no ;-)

Thanks!
Kishan