Re: [GNUe] Error in gnue-forms on windows

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Error in gnue-forms on windows
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:28:02 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 22.03.2007, 17:10 +0530 schrieb Amil Ganju:
> The entry in connections.conf is:
>
> [gnue]
> comment = GNUe Database
> provider = mysql
> host = localhost
> dbname = gnue

Now as I re-read your first mail, I see the mistake. Sorry, I should
really have seen it earlier.

When using appserver, you have a situation like this:

gnue-forms ----[appserver]----> gnue-appserver ----[gnue]----> database

The appserver accesses the database through the connection [gnue] as
defined in connections.conf. gnue-forms accesses the appserver (!)
through the connection named (e.g.) [appserver] in connections.conf.

By using the argument "appserver://gnue/form/test_customer", you told
gnue-forms to connect to the database directly instead of to appserver.

You want to add an entry like this to connections.conf

[appserver]
provider = appserver
rpctype = xmlrpc
host = localhost
port = 8765
transport = http

and then use the argument "appserver://appserver/form/test_customer" instead.

Please let me know if it works!

Thanks,
Reinhard