[GNUe] How does the rows="" tag work?

From: Peter Sullivan
Subject: [GNUe] How does the rows="" tag work?
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 20:06:01 +0100

Just some response/queries to the IRC discussion from 3rd
May about using GNUe as a system for producing quotations
for clients.

Firstly, from a practical point of view, I would very much
endorse James' suggestion that you save quotes to the database
as well as print them out. This means you can do enquiries and
reprints on historic quotes, or do a new quote based on a
prwvious one. Which, even if it isn't a requirement
yet, probably will be once they get into it.

Secondly, I wanted to get my head around what James was saying
about rows="" as opposed to a proper table widget. As I understood
it, rows="10" will display ten rows of "detail" from a "master-
detail" relationship. But it doesn't (as I understand it) actually
*prevent* there from being more than 10 lines of detail for the
master record? Is there any kind of visual cue that you are "in
the middle" of a larger recordset of detail records, such as a
scrollbar?

In which case, one option for Nick would be to set his rows= to
a larger value than the number of lines on a typical quote
(e.g. 25 or 30). Most normal quotes will fit on screen anyway. But
users *can* do quotes longer than 25/30 lines - they would just need
to scroll back & forth to see all of the lines.

Of course, given the timescales that Nick was talking about
("end of this week") this is probably irrelevent by now anyway for
this specific case.