[GNUe] Status GNUe Supply Chain Management (SCM)

From: Frank Henkel
Subject: [GNUe] Status GNUe Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:22:13 +0200

Dear GNUe community,

I found GNUe to be a promising platform to implement our SCM.
On the GNUe pages under www.gnu.org I came across the GNUe
package SCM, which seems to apply to our needs.  As of 2003,
there was no implementation work done and the Design
Documentation is from 2000.

What is the current status of this project?  As I'm new to
GNUe I need some thing start from.

Any other GNUe based SCM solution around, which I might adapt?

General questions:

1) The application needs to be a web application where users
  login via browser.  Can the login data be checked against
  LDAP, NIS etc. (PAM authentification)?  How can this be
  realized?

2) There will be required a hierarchical access rights system
  based on positions or responsibilities, because processes
  involve some 'approval by manager' steps, and only the
  respective manager should be able to sign and let the process
  continue.  Is such a mechanism implemented within the GNUe Core
  or the packages?  I will not get acceptance for a solution
  where every user can see and modify any data.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Frank
Frank Henkel
Application Analyst
NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH, EHPCTC
Hessbruehlstr. 21B, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
Tel: +49 711 78055 14      address@hidden
Fax: +49 711 78055 25      http://www.hpce.nec.com