[GNUe] Rocks!

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: [GNUe] Rocks!
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:12:36 +0800

So!

Spending 20 minutes with gvim, and there is actually a tabbed form handling
some data for me when entering queries - I'm so impressed of my knowledge :)

Seriously, it's a delight to see that there are a lot more useful examples in
GNUe now. I've wrestled with it before, but never "took off". No I actually
plan to try to get something useful running, I have relatives running small
shops that will make up great targets for my ruthless testing >:)

I want to ask two stupid questions though. "requery" = "true"? Exactly.. what
does that one do? I was thinking about experimenting with a "On form startup"
to retrieve my first MySQL record and show, but that's not what it does right?
(the Wizard put it there for me).

I have so far, only two tables (not much of a cash-register now is it??). It's
Customer which is customer_id and name, and customer_sales which is
transaction_id, amount, and customer_id which is a foreign key. MySQL, s
handles the constraint and won't let me add transactions if the id doesn't
exist? Then I read about Master/Detail and got confused (since the amount of
coffee are way to low in my body right now I think).
Do I have to care about that? Maybe not for a simple one-man data entry
application.. but since this one will put AP out of business in the future,
maybe then i will have to..?

Ok, on to sharpen my brain with triggers!!

Regards
Stefan