[GNUe] re: Proposal for ITEM package

From: Paul T. Juckniess
Subject: [GNUe] re: Proposal for ITEM package
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:09:13 -0600 (CST)

>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:38:13 +0100
>From: Reinhard Mueller <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: [GNUe] Re:Proposal for ITEM package
>>  * origin country
>>  - This is a real pain to deal with but this should also be associated
>>    with inventories

> Here, I don't really see how this could be different within a specific
> item.

This is the use case for origin country being at the inventory level.
Use case:
 background assumption:
 1) If you have 2 widgets and they have the same form , fit , and function
    they will be identified with the same item number.

 2) You have customers that have customer specific labeling requirements
    requiring you to include country of origin.

 The same widget is procured or manufactured from/in two different
countries.
 You then resell the widget to a customer that requires country of origin
 labeling.

More on the issue of price.
All comments are reasonable.  Would all be farther along if at least
the architecture be designed up front with the use of a api call instead
of
just picking up a price off an item master.  For the time being the
api may just sit in front of a simple table with an  item , price
relationship.
I'm thinking this would prevent lots of code being developed just picking
out price from the item master for the early users.

Paul T. Juckniess III               | Thunder is impressive. But it is
address@hidden                   | lightning that does the work.
Voice: (573) 886-1214               |                 Mark Twain