Re: [GNUe] Launching a form with paramaters

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Launching a form with paramaters
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:35:31 -0500

I haven't used them much, but it sounds almost you're wanting one of our
"dialogs". These are alot like runForm, but work more like what you're
describing. Look at gnue-samples/testcases/forms/gauntlet/ for an example of
a dialog. Dialogs are embedded in your main form and are called using
activateDialog(). They can also return values to the parent form.

But to answer your question, we haven't added that level of locking to
runForm. I'm also doubtful we've added a way to return a value too, though it
*might* be possible to use python's global namespace to do it. I.e., declare
a variable "global".  I haven't tested this and don't know if it would work
or not.

-- Jason