[GNUe] basic questions regarding GNUe-Common-0.5.4

From: Venus Electronics
Subject: [GNUe] basic questions regarding GNUe-Common-0.5.4
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:34:43 +0530

Hi,

I downloaded the file GNUe-Common-0.5.4.tar.gz and untarred it.
I then installed it using the command

setup.py install --home=~/gnue --install-scripts=~/bin

I have some questions now regarding the using the GNUe.

1 - Is there a test script to see if the installation of GNUe-Common was successful ?
    (I tried looking for a logfile like an install.log file but it seems the installation is not logged).

2 - Which other packages do I need to install in order to run the
     Financial Application ?

3 - Now i'm using mysql as the database so do i need to create
     a database for gnue ? or the install scripts will create one
     automatically ?

4 - Is there a tutorial on how to use the Financial Application.

Thanks a lot.

Yashesh

p.s. - I'm using RedHat 8.0 with Python 2.2.1 and MySQL 3.23