[GNUe] Prereleases available

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: [GNUe] Prereleases available
Date: 08 Apr 2004 00:59:05 +0200

Hello,

we have just uploaded previews of the upcoming releases of
gnue-appserver, gnue-common, gnue-designer, gnue-forms, gnue-navigator,
and gnue-reports. You can find them on
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/downloads/prereleases.php

Please test these releases and report any problems and bugs to
address@hidden, address@hidden or in our IRC channel #gnuenterprise on
irc.freenode.net.

As one of the major changes in this release series is the cleanup of
some translation issues, we are ready to accept contributed
translations. To translate the messages for any given tool, you simply
have to:
1. download the tool of your choice from the website mentioned above,
and unpack it
2. change into the po/ subdirectory
3. see if there is already a <language>.po (e.g. de.po) file for your
language
4. if no, copy the *.pot file to <language>.po (e.g. de.po) to get a
starting point
5. edit the file with the editor of your choice. The "msgid" strings are
the English original, and in the "msgtxt" strings you can fill in the
translation. If you want to do translations and have questions, please
ask.
6. Send the edited file to address@hidden

If you start working on a translation, please announce here, so others
know what is already worked on.

We already have complete translations for hu (Hungarian) for all tools,
and for ro (Romanian) for gnue-common and gnue-forms.

If all goes well, we want to do the final release within 2 or 3 days,
and translations being contributed within this time will be included in
the final release.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller