Re: [GNUe] AppServer or Forms Feature Request

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe] AppServer or Forms Feature Request
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:46:07 -0700 (MST)

Christopher Lewis said:
> I know that a lot of work is going into the appserver right now, or at
> least  that was the impression that I got.  I dont know if this is
> possible, but I  would like to be able to run commands from other
> programs.  For example, I'm  trying to get a call tracking system put
> together and I would like it to dial  my software phone for me.  Short
> of actually dialing my phone, I would like  to run a server command
> which dials from my software PBX (*) then transfers  to my extension.  I
> figure small installations might be better off with Forms  causing the
> modem to dial, while large installations might have the appserver  run a
> set of commands.
>
> Is this possible to do already?  Is it something fairly simple that can
> be  added?  Does anyone have any other suggestions, comments, concerns,
> etc?   Thanks in advance for the help.

We have a good relationship with Bayonne, a free software project for
telephony.  This should certainly be possible with a little work using
Bayonne.  I know that Rich and David were following this list at one time
and I will give them time to respond before getting into too many details
as Bayonne may have undergone changes since the last time I talked with
them about doing this.

-derek