[GNUe] Postgresql

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: [GNUe] Postgresql
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:45:10 +0800

Hi all!

Me, a man that definietly prefer MySQL, gave PostgreSQL a try since I noted
some messages saying postgreSQL is better and works better with gnue.

well, after a lot of reading in the tutorial and user guide, I found out how to
run initdb and how to start postmaster with -D and -i.
Then, it took me sometime to issue the 'create user sel createdb password
'MySecret1' command. I then created a databse and did 'grant all privileges on
adressbok to sel'

Now, user sel could use pgsql to insert some values to the adressbok. But, as I
found out, user sel cannot access the data through Gnue without getting errors
about pg_hba.conf (this file, BTW, claims to allow access from all users on
localhost).

This is probaly not a GNUe error, it's probably me missing a lot of details in
setting up this monstrous piece of code, but could anyone explain while it's
totally ok to access through pgsql and not through GNUe?

Best regards
Stefan