Re: [GNUe] zipcode

From: James Thompson
Subject: Re: [GNUe] zipcode
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:51:10 -0600

On Friday 26 March 2004 10:49 am, Christophe Vigny wrote:
> I run the exemple zipcode.gfd with the wx and win32 UI, and i have a
> problem selecting a state in the combo box,  first the selection of the
> state isn't incremental when u type w u have washington, and then u type
> y for wyoming and it don't work, second when u drop down the list (with F4)
> u cant use the arrow to select the state !

I believe this is now fixed in svn.

> Is it possible to have extension off that exemple, using trigger, and
> navigator (i want to see if we do only one login for all the form in the
> navigator).

I'm sure we can come up with some new samples.  What exactly are people
looking for in samples?

Yes, you can do one login for all forms in navigator.  That has been in there
a while.  The latest navigator was released with a new experiment in
embedding the forms inside the navigator panel itself.  We've now have some
sample screenshots of forms embedded in navigator thanks to Sacha.

He has spent the last two weeks with the GNUe tools. Learning the them,
writing documentation for appserver, and providing feedback.  During that
period he's used appserver, forms, designer, navigator, and reports to create
the start of a small business app.

He's put together some screenshots of his efforts which are currently located
at http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~sachas/screens/

We hope to have this code moved into our gnue-contrib repository as time
permits.

> Is it possible to use common in order to open a recordset, iter from it
> and update each record etc ..., in a better way than with only db api ?

When you say db api are you talking our or python's?  There is a simple sample
of using our system in the gnue-common developer's guide.

http://www.gnuenterprise.org/tools/common/docs/

It shows moving data from one table to another.  The same concept works for
updating infomation.  You simply change the values you want changed and
post().  Personally I would say that it's a little more involved in setting
up the datasources vs a dbsig sql execute approach but you gain a lot in
portability and ease of use in the main code.

Take Care,
James