Re: [GNUe] possible bug

From: James Thompson
Subject: Re: [GNUe] possible bug
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:47:13 -0600

Looks like two errors here.  One in the form, one in gnue.  Is this a form you
created or a sample we provide?

> DB000:     raise "Entry references non-existent field '%s'" % self.field

This is a case of a field being referenced that doesn't exist.  If I use
samples/zipcode/zipcode.gfd as an example....

In the <logic> section I have the <field> defined as

<field name="city" case="upper" field="city" required="">

Then in the <layout> section I have

<entry block="zip" field="city" c:width="15" c:x="1" c:y="2"/>

Now, if I change the entry's field value to this

field="iDoNotExist"

Then you will get the error you listed above.

> DB000: TypeError: exceptions must be strings, classes, or instances, not
> unicode

I think this is a GNUe Common bug in the way we were handling raised
Exceptions that was recently fixed in SVN head.  So our attempt to report the
bug triggered another bug :)  Maybe one of the people that are making the
unicode changes can confirm this.

Take Care,
James